Children as Gifts of God
We treasure our children because “sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him” (Ps. 127:3). Jesus himself cherished children and blessed them, saying, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these” (Mt 19:14). It is a joy to serve and pray for the next generation.
Safety in the Church
We provide a safe, secure nursery for children up to 24 months at each of our services. Safety is something we take very seriously at Limerick Chapel. Each person who volunteers with children at Limerick Chapel is subjected to extensive background checks, as well as childcare training. Security plans and personnel keep children’s areas safe during each service.
Families and the Church
The parents of the church are primarily responsible under God to bring up their children in the training and instruction of the Lord (Deut. 6:6-7). Our role in children’s ministry is to support and encourage the ministry of the parents by faithfully teaching God’s Word and modeling genuine Christianity for the children in our care. We pray that by God’s grace, over the years, all the children in our trust “will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor” (Isa 61:3).
Our desire is that by God’s grace we will capture the next generation for the supreme glory of God by captivating the next generation with the all-satisfying glory of God.
Programs for our Children:
- Sunday School with vibrant, experienced, and godly teachers (Sundays 9:30-10:15)
- Beginner Church for 3 years old – Kindergarten during the morning worship service
- Kids Club during the evening service (Sundays 6:00-7:15) for 1st-6th Grade
- Awana Cubbies during the evening service (Sundays 6:00-7:15) for 3 year old – Kindergarten.
- Other events for children include – but are not limited to: Vacation Bible Schools (during the summer), Bible Clubs (throughout the year in our areas public schools)